- Students will need to complete a formal application process to become Student Applicants to the Qualicum Beach Honours Society.
- Student applicants will attend a series of luncheons throughout the year.
- Student applicants will be required to volunteer at least three hours in the community. Acceptable venues include the Child Haven Dinner, Famiy Days and other such venues. (Hours must be approved by Ms. Rowan)
- Student applicants must demonstrate a willingness to study for, and participate in National, International and Provincial Academic competitions as they may occur. These will include but not be limited to, Math competitions, Science Fairs and Essay competitions.
- To be eligible, and to become a member, a Grade 12 student must have an average of 86% or above in English Studies 12, plus additional grade 12 courses that represent 3 of the following 5 areas: Sciences, Mathematics, Social Studies, English, or Languages (4 grade 12 courses in total, only one non KSS course may be used).
- List of eligible courses follows.
- Students will need to prove registration in a post secondary educational institute, in order to receive their awarded scholarships. Institutions other than universities are recognized as acceptable.
Eligible courses are:
Eligible courses include but are not limited to:
English Studies 12 * (English 12 pre-exam mark if taken prior to this year)
Literary Studies 12
New Media 12
Creative Writing 12
Social Studies Courses:
BC First Peoples 12 (BC First Nations 12 if take prior to this year)
There are several others in this category if students take courses through CEAP or other distributed learning programs
Many others available through other schools (online and challenge)
Foundations of Math 12
Anatomy and Physiology 12 (or Biology 12 if taken prior to this year)
Please note that this is not a complete list as we are in a transition year. Please direct any questions about eligible courses to Ms Rowan.